The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays (yes, I truly mean that)....and, the Virgin Birth.

Christian or not you got to admit this is a funny postcard. And, why am I posting this at Christmas time? Actually, there's no better time. Remember folks, as someone much smarter than I said, "Blasphemy is a victimless crime."

OK, will admit some of the God (yes, I'll use god as a proper noun) stuff confuses me and is, well, baffling. The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost is truly confusing. As I understand it they all three somehow end-up being God?? Hmm, like putting three things in a blender and end-up with something else????

Oh, well.

Anyway, wanted to just briefly mention the virgin birth. 

What's the deal with that? Did Baby Jesus arrive in the usual way or did He by magic just materialize? I had thought of adding more about this but will just let it go for now.

So to you folks who celebrate Christmas, I do sincerely wish you a Merry Christmas and hope the holidays are the best ever for you and yours.



And, I'll add to the insult, so to speak, by posting my 55-word story about the BIRTH!


The Real Story Behind the Virgin Birth

They jammed themselves into the small area and crowded around the manger.
“What’s going on?”
“Mary’s going to have a virgin birth.”
“No way!”
“Yep.”
“How does it work?”
“Not sure.”
“It’s rumored God does it this way so he doesn’t have to pay any more child support. He’s already on the hook for six kids.”
 



If any of you folks have actual evidence that your God exists, please send me a comment. Remember, EVIDENCE, folks. 


EDIT: December 19, 2018

OK, I just can't or won't resist. Enquiring minds want to know. Yes, this is what some would call the yucky part that I was going to avoid. That said....

OK, now was Jesus like a regular human? Or, was because he was special was he some-type of alien form? You know, some supernatural kind of being.

I'm assuming a human form. Now, wouldn't there have to be some sperm involved if he's a regular human being?
 

Soooooo, ladies and gentlemen, how did the old sperm get in Mary? Did the Holy Spirit jam it in there or did Mary go to an in-vitro clinic?

Hmm.

Also, what's old Joseph doing all this time? Which brings me to the question, are they married-Mary and Joseph? If not married, wouldn't that make Jesus the B-word? 


Now, back in those days didn't husbands have rights? You know???? And, didn't old God give all humans the sex drive? Yes, you know where I'm going here. Sooooo, if Joseph wanted to do you-know-what what did Mary do? Pray, or just smack the crap out of him?

Now, if God really set all this up....he did a really crappy job. In addition to the above debacle, how about the no room at the inn. A reasonable person would have slipped Joseph a few bucks so he could have stayed at a Holiday Inn or at least at a Motel Six, for cryin' out loud.

I think we could all agree that whoever dreamed this mess up was at a minimum a lousy events planner.

Oh, well. Yes, I think I've spent enough time on this.
If you want to celebrate or make a spectacle of a birth, I'd definitely seek another events' planner.





No comments:

Post a Comment