The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Ahh, Yes, More BS From the Religious Folks!


I want to thank Hemant Mehta for his article about James
Dobson.

Here is a link to the article.

Dobson is asking us (OK, maybe not me) to pray and fast so that Trump isn't impeached. As with just about everything religious, this is truly amazing.

Let's see how this would work. We pray to a non-existent deity and stop eating and that's going to save Trump from impeachment. Well, I don't want to waste more time on this one. But, I will say, yes, I know how prayer is supposed to work...but, dang...I starve myself and it helps Trump.

Would it be fair to ask what would happen if we all, instead of fasting, for the next month ate twice as much as usual? Hmm. Would that make Trump get impeached?

Religion occasionally does have a certain sad and pathetic entertainment value. But, that as we know doesn't offset the destructive power of religion and all of the terrible things that happen because of religion.

Prayers to you.... 


BTW, I'm headed out the door to buy six Double Whoppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment