The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Saturday, February 17, 2018

My Postcard to President Trump....

I had a recent post about a group of people who annually, in February, pledge if you will to send out 28 postcards or letters during the month.

So far it's been interesting and enjoyable. When you sign up your name is listed and I was pleasantly surprised to receive four letters from folks accepting the challenge.

OK, I took the easy way out on some. Yes, I somewhat routinely send out notes and postcards...so, some have been sent to folks who I know. That said, I decided it would be a great time to write to people I normally wouldn't. And, people who I had thought about writing but hadn't.

Here are some folks who I plan to write.


Senator Tammy Duckworth, who after Trump gave his SOTU speech referred to him as Cadet Bone Spurs. For those of you who don't know, Trump received several deferrals from the draft during the Vietnam War because of supposed bone spurs.

There's a breast cancer surgeon, who goes by the name ORAC and who post almost daily on so-called alternative medicine and all of the bogus treatments. Do yourself a favor and take a look.

Another MD who I learned of when I searched around for information about  Paltrow's goop, the largest grouping of Bullshit you can imagine. Her site got my interest when she started selling a $135 coffee enema. The doctor had taken her to task for the bullshit she sells.

And, there are a few others.

Thinking about Prince Harry, Putin, and Trudeau. Will see.

Anyway, here's the card to President Trump....




Dear President Trump,

As a vet who served in Curtis Lemay’s AF, I got excited when I heard about your parade. At 78, thought I needed clearance from my doctor. She said heart, lungs, and kidneys are fine but said I couldn’t march because of my bone spurs.

Sorry, sir. I wish you continued success in all of your endeavors.

Humbly, an AF vet….

PS. Sorry, sir. You do have small hands. (Regretfully, there wasn't room on the card for this.)















1 comment: