The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Fountain Pen Hospital is the Best!!!!!!

OK, first off, I own a ton of fountain pens. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, these are pens that use
actual ink. In fact, many must be filled from bottles of ink. For some reason that I can't quite fathom I started collecting Retro 51 pens (though Retro makes fountain pens that use liquid ink, most of their pens are rollerballs/ballpoints) a few months ago. A couple of days ago Retro introduced a new model: Shark Alley. Decided I had to have one and they are making fewer than 800. Sooooooo, off to Fountain Pen Hospital I go.

In just one day many dealers were already sold out. That said, Fountain Pen Hospital showed they were taking orders for their shipment that was due to arrive shortly. I placed my order online, Friday, March 10, 2017. 


Amazingly, an hour or so later (after they sent an email showing my order) a gentleman called me to let me know that my order would be shipped not later than Monday. The gentleman was personable, pleasant, and professional. Dang, I thought, this amount of personalized service for a $41 rollerball pen! About an hour later another email. Yes, my pen is on the way.

Just felt I had to give these folks (sorry, the oaf I am, didn't get the gentleman's name) some recognition. When we want to complain about bad experiences we usually do...but, we often ignore great service and give no credit when it's due.

Fountain Pen Hospital has been in business since 1946. They are one of the best-known pen shops in the US (and I'm sure they do business internationally). Give these folks a call for your pen needs.   1-800-253-PENS. Also, check out the collection of terrific pens at Retro 51. Great for yourself or as gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment