The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Thursday, February 8, 2018

How is it that People Continue to get Treatments That Don't Work?

The first time I was introduced to the so-called world of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), was after meeting someone who told me that they got energy treatments. Yes, this person went to an energy healer.

I was amazed as it just sounded...well, I'll be kind...like it was crazy talk. Anyway, after a few minutes on the internet, I wondered how in the world anyone could believe this stuff.

After a few years of reading about all the crazy stuff people believed in, I decided I'd try to understand how people kept seeking out the treatments when there was no way for them to work or in anyway help the person.


I surely don't have definitive answers and of course, maybe much of what I think may not be accurate. That said, here are my thoughts on two videos taped seven years ago.





2 comments:

  1. Great post, George... I, for one, would like you to post more past episodes of The Bathrobe Chronicles... (lou)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou,

    Thanks for your kind words.

    Remember, never pet a stray puppy.

    Regards,

    George

    ReplyDelete