The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Ahh, More New Age Bullshit? Or, Just New Age Folks Doing What New Age Folks Do?

What in the heck does New Age mean? Actually, I just glanced at this definition. 


I guess the way I view it, it's all the stuff that believers in astrology, psychics, energy healing, and so on latch on to. Obviously, my definition is biased. And, so be it. I guess I could also add, that it's the crazy crap that regardless of how absurd and ridiculous and worthless it is, well...the New Age folks open their checkbooks and get in line.

When I started this months ago, it was about yoga with goats...or, goat yoga! And, another link as it's in my state of Virginia.




The catalyst for my posting this was when I saw an article about cats and, yes, YOGA!!!!



For you New Age folks, the believers and for folks who just want to make money, Hey, how about yoga and pythons. Heck, there are plenty of them in Florida. Just come up with the craziest crap you can and the folks will lineup, with money in hand. Honest, they will.

As a bonus, and speaking of batshit crazy, have any of you folks heard of this woman, J. Z. Knight? Ahh, she sucked them all in, including Shirley MacLaine. Knight has a 12,000 sq. ft. home. As I always say, that crazy crap is often a money maker.

EDIT: I may have mentioned in passing that I've started at least 15 novels. Actually, could be as many as 25. Though I have at least a couple with 75,000 words, none are finished. And, well...most likely shouldn't be.

That said, I started on one and it was going to be Carl Hiaasenesque. Was about a group of friends that the protagonist got entangled with. Yes, they were all New Age whack jobs. Anyway, he was going to make a point and to that end, he was going to use his Bouvier pup to channel a long dead warrior God. How's that folks? Oh, well. I need some more coffee!!!!!! Or, maybe less....


No comments:

Post a Comment