The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

James Randi, One of My Heroes...Take a Few Minutes to Get Acquainted With Him........

Take a few minutes and read an August 30, 2014 article in the Miami
Herald. Randi has been traveling the world for years, offering, what is now, a million dollar prize for anyone who can prove any type of paranormal, psychic ability, astrology, energy healing, and so on.

Thankfully, I live in a country (USA) where I can say just about anything I want. I can believe what I want. I can think what I want. And, no one, not the government, or citizens can take that away from me.

Yes, we are allowed to be duped and taken advantage of by charlatans and quacks of all
stripes. We can go to faith healers who can’t heal, chiropractors who adjust vertebral subluxations that don’t exist, take homeopathic remedies that are inert with no active ingredients, and on and on.

Randi has devoted his life to exposing these people. But, often times that does no good. Peter Popoff is a good example. Years ago Randi exposed him for what he is. Popoff wanders through the audience at his so-called faith healings and seems to know so much information about those who come for healings. Randi recorded the conversations between Popoff and his wife who was transmitting information to him that had been gathered from the prayer cards filled out by those seeking healings. Yes, he subsequently went bankrupt but is back at it again. Here's his new place. In the upper right hand corner, click on the to get the miracle water. You'll be entertained. I did that many years ago. As I best remember, I asked him to pray for my
cancer (which of course I didn't have) and some of the letters he sent mentioned my cancer. I would also get some pretty creepy messages from him. If nothing more you'll cost him a few bucks.

I could go on and on but am going to stop for now. If you are one of those seeking treatments from Reiki Masters, using Bach Flowers, seeing your chiropractor a couple of times a month, well…..I doubt that anything that I can say in a few words is going to change your mind.

Remember, the reason it’s called complementary and alternative medicine is because it doesn't work. Period. When treatments work, it's called medicine. This is poorly written but frankly, I don’t want to spend any more time on this at the moment.

And for those of you who say, What’s the harm? Well, take a look here..


Edit: Yes, just posted this. And, it is poorly written and for that I apologize. The answers are not with your astrologer, numerologist, psychic, or a so-called god up in the sky. Folks, try a little reality. The world is a great place as it is. And, when you are having medical problems seek treatment from real doctors. Oh, well.... Remember, Mr. Randi has a million bucks waiting for your Reiki Master, astrologer, psychic, and the rest of them. The next time your Reiki Master is shooting all that energy to you, why not ask them why they haven't gotten Mr. Randi's million bucks?

Yes, you may have noticed, I have a Ph.D. in  beating dead horses.


EDIT-November 22, 2014:  Read this November 7, 2014, New York Times article written by Adam Higginbotham.


No comments:

Post a Comment