The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

OK, Folks....What Car is More Likely to Get a Ticket...Hmmm.....Actually, Drivers Who Are More Likely to Get a Ticket? What Car Are They Driving?

Folks, if you're driving a Subaru WRX you're more likely to get a ticket than if you're driving any other car. Yes, for better or worse, the Subaru WRX ranks first in the ticket getting contest. I guess the kids out there who are driving this model, now have a smile on their faces. Hey, I'm an old guy, and no I don't speed. Well, there are only two places, but never on the highway; I drive the speed limit or at the most five over and I'm getting to the point I rarely use the five over. I will admit this car can get you in trouble if you don't watch yourself.

You really need to watch this. Yes, Breakfast in your control. Dang, I was shocked to learn that someone else gets their bread like this; I thought I was the only one. It's amazing that a car company would have an ad like this. Hey, go get your Subaru. Not sure about whether the young lady will join you for breakfast? Subaru doesn't show her as an option.


Photo: Courtesy Subaru



Not for the faint of heart.  A lap around the Isle of Man in a Subaru.

Mark Higgins, again. Trying to break his lap record. A different view.

Yes, you might call this a public service announcement, of sorts.

Edit: May 16, 2015
Subaru, ties with two other car models as the most in-demand car in the US.
Here's the link with other models.

No comments:

Post a Comment