The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

KFC...Yes, Tonight's the Last Time.......

A few months ago I received, yes, in my mail box, coupons for deals at KFC. And, I used them. I thought the food pretty good. Hey, I eat out a lot...yes, a lot; sit-down places and drive-throughs.  I truly do not like making my own meals.


The last couple of weeks I've been going to Bojangles. Thought the food was at least OK (actually, better than OK...though the folks who work there are, well.....I'll let it go at that). 

Anyway, tonight I went back to KFC where I hadn't been in a couple of months or so. Actually, I went to the post office and KFC was closer. I had actually thought about going to Bojangles. Oh, well.

Ordered what I usually do. Yes, a three piece white dinner with two orders of mashed potatoes. The dinner includes two breasts and a wing, two sides  (dang, I don't like that word, sides), and a biscuit.

I placed the order through the drive through. The pleasant young lady said it'd be two minutes (evidently they'd have to cook it...yes, it was about 9PM and there were few customers). 

I pulled to the window and paid and she told me to park out front of the restaurant and they'd bring it to me.

I said, I'll wait here. If someone comes up behind me I'll pull forward.
Oh, you can't do that. There's a timer here and you can't be here more than 60 seconds.

Hmmmm..... Not sure about you, but that is downright weird.

OK. So I pulled forward. After about ten minutes I headed to the restaurant and a young fellow was coming out with my meal.

OK. Yes, I'm home. Wow, this is going to be great!

Hmmm...... Opened the box. Well, yes there was one breast and a thigh and a wing. OK, hey, mistakes are made I tell myself.

Dang, I  had ordered extra crispy  and it looked really good. OK, put a breast on my plate, mashed potatoes, and the biscuit. Wasn't quite salivating like Pavlov's dog, but was close.  Dang, this was going to be a treat!!!!!


Well, it sucked, period. The chicken tasted like grease or something. Hmmm.... The potatoes, not sure how to describe them. Even the darn biscuit was, well.....

Anyway, yes, I tossed it all in the trash. Yes, the last time for old KFC.

Sorry, Colonel......

No comments:

Post a Comment