The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Thank Goodness (and, the Pope) My Pup's Going to Be OK!

On my last post I mentioned that I was going to layoff religion, for at least a while. However,
this is a positive post. Yes, religion is doing something good. Here's a link to what Pope Francis has said about pups going to heaven. Wow, I feel so much better.

Hmmm. But, I wonder. Will they know that my pup can only eat prescription dog food? Yes, she has colitis. Hmmm. Maybe when you're in heaven, ahh, do all of your physical problems go away? If not, are they able to get her records from her vet? Will they consult with Dr. Andrew about her well-being? It's heaven, they'll surely take care of her, won't they? Also, since she was little she's had the same peanut flavored treats in the shape of a small dog bone. Will they have them? Just remembered, what about grooming? Wow, I now have some real concerns. 

Maybe I shouldn't pose this question, I mean after all, I do truly appreciate what the Pope is doing--but, should I maybe look around at other heavens? You know, maybe there's one out there that has been taking dogs for a long time. Maybe they'd be more setup to take care of my pup. Dang, now I'm starting to really worry. Surely I can count on the Pope to take care of her, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment