The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

You Must See This Movie! Dr. Strangelove: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

I watched this movie last night. I guess it was my 5th or 6th viewing. In many ways it
reminds me of one of my favorite books, Catch-22. If you haven't seen this movie you need to watch it. The plane featured in the movie is a 
B-52 which I first worked on about 1958 (yes, a few years ago-I repaired the radios, intercom system, and nav aids). The plane is still in service today.

I'm sure the movie is available many places, buy a copy, or for Amazon Prime members watch it free.

Interestingly, Peter Sellers played three roles. An amazing performance by him as well as all of the other actors.

Sadly, Sellers may have died sooner than necessary. What follows is from Whats The Harm's Website.

"A heart attack in 1964 had permanently damaged his heart. His doctors were advising bypass surgery, but he delayed it and instead saw psychic surgeons twice a year. He died of a massive heart attack."




The video is James Randi demonstrating so-called psychic surgery.


  





No comments:

Post a Comment