The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Well, I Finally Have my Car

This past Monday, my brother and I headed north. We got an early start, the temperature was in the low 30s and a bright sunny day.

The trip took a little under four hours and was a pleasant drive up highway 13 on the Eastern Shore.

The car was ready for delivery and sitting outside.

As a lot of my information had already been entered in the dealer's computer, the processing of the paper work didn't take long. We were soon back on the road headed home.

It was good to have this part of my adventure over.

Yes, the last few days were surely a hassle trying to find a car at an OK price; however, luck figured in and I ended-up with the car I wanted, a Subaru racing blue WRX hatchback.
Now, to get out and use my new car.

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking car; time to hit the road. I have always thought springtime (well almost) was the best time for a new set of wheels. The whole summer and the whole country lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Yes, it all lies ahead, now if I can just get myself going!
      Regards,
      George

      Delete