The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Enough is Enough! Really..... Too Funny? Actually, Too Sad!

I'm on, well....a neighbor forum, I guess I would call it that. I'm sure it's national. Anyway, I get emails when things are added. Yes, from my and surrounding neighborhoods.

Folks use it to advertise stuff for sale, ask for recommendations for plumbers, wanting a baby sitter... Well, you get the idea.

Anyway, a few weeks ago someone advertised, yes, a supplement. Hmmm, I thought. Then a couple of days ago another supplement was advertised....and, of course, immediately we get a testimonial: I'm so and so's neighbor. I've been taking XXXXX for two weeks. I've lost 40 pounds, sleep better, can run the mile in five minutes, my vision is now perfect, my IQ jumped 37 points, I no longer have diabetes, and somewhat surprisingly, I now speak Russian fluently.

Then today, one popped-up advertising some kind of lemon-drop mess....with a dang map of the foot and where you put the lemon drops or some such thing. And, this person most likely isn't even embarrassed.

So, I posted the following and have yet to get a comment....

Wow, over the past few weeks we’ve had supplements advertised….yes, for those of us concerned about our health. And, now there seems to be some kinda-magic lemon drops.

OK, I want to toss my hat in the ring. 

Have you guys heard of Reiki? Yep, good old energy healing. The cool thing about Reiki is it can be done remotely. That’s correct….it can be sent through the air to you. I’ll spare you the details of how it all works.

Now, do I guarantee I can make your health better? NOPE! If fact, I guarantee you should experience no difference in your life. Well, except in your pocket book or wallet. Actually, you could and may feel better, subjectively, after I send you a treatment. If you want to give me credit, please do and tell your neighbors

Actually, thousands of folks get these treatments and swear by them. I'm not kidding. You'll love this......so-called Doctor Oz's wife is a Reiki Master. I fess up, I'm not a Master. Full disclosure: I was in a cave in the Himalayas for three years developing an advanced type of Reiki. What can I say???

Here’s the deal…and, yes, we’ll be on the honor system. I’ll send you out some Reiki energy for $25 a treatment. You stroke a check to one of our local rescue squads: Ocean Park, Davis Corner, or Chesapeake Beach. Yes, I’ve used them all.

Now, when you drop the check in the mail let me know and I’ll send you the energy.

This is really a win-win deal. I guarantee no side effects and no harm and our rescue volunteers will be pleased. Yes, this is what neighbors are for.

Moderator…I’m asking you leave this post where it is. If others can advertise their “get a healthy life products” it seems as though I should be able to place my ad.

I am surely not making fun of my neighbors and frankly, I would say I am more concerned than most about the health of my neighbors and friends.

May we all make evidence-based decisions about our health and well-being.

Regards,

George

No comments:

Post a Comment