The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Guy Martin is My Hero! Well, He's My Motorsports Hero, That's for Sure....

OK, I fess up. I've been fascinated for many years by the Isle of Man motorcycle races. And. for
several years I've followed the exploits of Guy Martin. This young fellow has done it all (well, just about all).















I'm not going to spend a lot of time...if you're interested do a search. I believe I watched a TV segment where he was tracking down the perfect tea. He also bought a barge and completely refurbished it. He holds a record on a bicycle and a sled (yes, a snow sled).

Guy speaks with BBC about the dangers of motorcycle racing.




Guy was scheduled to make a record attempt at Bonneville, but a recent crash has caused the attempt


to be canceled for this year.

You could start with wikipedia.


Yes, Guy has his bad days.... Isle of Man, 2010.

In the center on the right, it looks like a stick or small log? it's dark... That's Guy's leg. And, the gas tank is in the air.











No comments:

Post a Comment