The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Saturday, April 7, 2018

My Battle With the Board of Medicine....PART THREE!

Just a brief update and an attempt at humor.


OK, let's see.... I pitched my complaint, if you will, to the following. And, to keep my complaint simple and easy to follow, I ignored the millions of bogus things chiropractors scam the public with and only mentioned the suck all of your body's toxins out through your feet scam. For those of you who haven't heard of this, I'm including two videos.

When I initially started this crusade, figured I would use a two-prong approach. I would contact the Virginia agencies that were supposed to be looking out for our welfare and wellbeing and I would approach the press to investigate and alert the citizens to the scams. Well, yeah, sure!

Anyway, here's my update.

Virginia Beach PD: Spoke with a civilian representative about the bogus treatment (yes, stick your feet in the pan). She said, Maybe the people doing it think it works. I'll spare you my response. PISS OFF

We have a daily online newspaper. PISS OFF  (I like that....is it a British saying?)

Our local paper-the investigative journalist, health reporter, and editor.  PISS OFF

The health reporter for the Richmond (Virginia) paper.  PISS OFF


Investigative reporter for a local TV station.  PISS OFF

It seems I'd be getting the message, hey????


A few days ago thought about going to Richmond and protesting outside the BOM. You know, have a placard made and hand out fliers with my complaints. Hmmm......


Ahh, now I get the good part! Yes, was on the phone with Jennifer, who is an assistant to Dr. Carey, who is the Secretary of Health and Human Resources. Sounds like a pretty big job, And, guess what, the BOM is under him. You know, he's in charge of a bunch of agencies including the BOM, also it would seem the BOM is known as the Department of Health Professions or is a part of DHP.

OK, ready for the good part? Jennifer referred me to the director of the DHP. She told me to file my complaint with him. Guess who the director of the DHP is? Drum roll.... The Director of DHP is David Brown, DC. Do you folks know what DC is? Yep, a fuckin' chiropractor. So, I'm going to file my complaint about William Harp, MD, the executive director of the BOM, with Brown who is a chiropractor. BTW, in case you've forgotten, my complaint about Harp is that by knowingly allowing chiropractors to use bogus treatments he is not upholding the mission of the board of medicine.


I guess I need to look for humor because there's nothing much rational about any of this. Joseph Heller would be proud.

Sometimes it seems as though some of these folks act as though they are doing me a favor. And, I need to remind myself that these agencies aren't doing their jobs!!!! In a way, I'm doing their job for them and I'm not on the payroll.

Where was I?

OK, here's the letter I sent to Jennifer (the assistant to Secretary Carey) April 6. 2018.



*************************************
Hi Jennifer,

Yes, I'm back again.

The DHP and Board of Medicine are one in the same. You suggested I write David Brown, DC who is the Director and lodge my complaint about William Harp, MD who is the Executive Director. That ain't gonna work.

The reason I called you is that Secretary Carey seems to be in charge of all of the agencies listed on your website. That's why I wanted to lodge my complaint with your office.

I'm asking that you present my case to Secretary Carey. It's simple.


There are chiropractors in our state using bogus treatments. Treatments that don't work and can't work. The one I ask you to use with Secretary Carey is the foot detox, where chiropractors claim that by putting your feet in a pan of water along with an electric device, that they are going to pull all the toxins in your body, out through your feet.

Anyway, I will await your reply whatever it may be.

I hope you have a great weekend and thanks for your patience in dealing with me.

Sincerely,
George

BTW, my phone is 757-XXX-XXXX


*********************************************************

I will add that I have no complaint about/with Jennifer as she did the best she could and put up with me for 45 minutes. Of course, if things in the government of Virginia worked as they should I wouldn't be spending my time on this and (some) chiropractors wouldn't be ignorant scammers.

 What am I pissed off about and what am I complaining about? Watch the two videos!!!











1 comment: