The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Well, Did I Go on a Trip Today? A Few Hours at Norfolk Botanical Gardens.. and, Some Quite-Ordinary Snaps.

 Trip: a journey or voyage... Looked at two definitions, neither of which mentioned a
Fuji X100T
minimum distance required for a trip.

OK, I traveled seven miles each way...... but, I did leave Virginia Beach, if that counts!

I used to go to the Gardens fairly regularly. It's always been a nice destination to just get out and wander around. Take a look here for more information. The Gardens is celebrating 75 years.

Folks, keep in mind I'm not deluded enough to think these photos are great. I just enjoyed taking them and my new camera is truly a delight to use...  And, there you have it.













Cropped a little more.....












Haven't a clue as to why I'm posting this.....





2 comments:

  1. Love these photos. Have a great day.... And take another trip and more pics, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George, really nice work, as always. Glad to see you on the road!

    --Mark

    ReplyDelete