The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Will Your Heaven Have Strippers and Beer Volcanoes? Or, Will You Just Spend an Eternity Praying?

In 2005, Bobby Henderson, a college student majoring in physics approached the Kansas School Board and
lobbied to have The Flying Spaghetti Monster taught in school. At the time, it was before the school board to teach Intelligent Design along side evolution. 

The followers, believers, adherents to The Flying Spaghetti Monster believe that when you go to heaven it is filled with stripper factories and beer volcanoes. This is what He has promised. Hey, guys, how does that sound?
Now, are you going to throw in with the FSM? Or, would you rather go to the heaven that's up in the clouds and have to pray all day.


Strippers and beer
or pray all day?
Ladies, no, I haven't forgotten about you folks. I'm sure the FSM isn't a misogynistic god. He truly loves and cares about all of his children. I have an emergency phone call placed and I'm sure I'll hear from Him shortly.
EDIT: Note this was posted on another of my blogs, January 1, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment