The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My New Years' Resolutions For 2016....

OK, folks. How many of you make resolutions? Possibly more importantly, how many are able to
keep those resolutions?

Anyway, I have a bunch listed, though will only mention a few.

(1) No more in-your-face-militant atheist. I have truly been a real crap head (see number two) over the years in challenging people about religion. And, to what end? The only thing I've accomplished was being a jerk and obnoxious. To me, religion just makes no sense. Yes, I know why people believe things that aren't true and for which there is no evidence. Anyway, enough of this. But, I may still write about religion.

(2) This one is pretty simple. Yes, I'm going to clean-up my language. I'm no longer going to use any language that I wouldn't use around my mom. And, I doubt if I ever said damn around her.

(3) I want to be a better person. Yes, I know, that's vague.

And, now I will see whether or not I can keep these resolutions.


2 comments:

  1. Excellent resolutions, George... YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goddamn. Oops, I just broke all three. ;-) Anyway, best of luck.

    ReplyDelete