The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Friday, April 11, 2014

Back to the Lynnhaven Fish House....Virginia Beach

Bonnie, has graciously been my waitress lady for years.
She's truly adds to the fish house experience.
 Well, finally made it back to the Lynnhaven Fish House after a hiatus of sorts. I've been going there since it opened which I think was in the late seventies.


Many years ago, when I was in the business world, so to speak, I'd have lunch there at least once a week.

A few years back my brother and I tried to meet for lunch once a week.

Yes, I need to get back to eating at the fish house.

edit: Note, I can't quite get this camera figured out. The photo of Bonnie and the flounder were taken at about 1/17 @ f/4. Too slow,  the photos aren't crisp.



This is the flounder sandwich. Always a treat. Their coffee passes, I guess what you'd call, my standard.  I think that good coffee can be drunk without adding cream or sugar. Yep, they have good coffee.
 


 

Couldn't resist the Smart car in their parking lot. 










No comments:

Post a Comment