The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Is Dr. Oz America's Doctor? He Surely Isn't Mine...... Oz Seems a Variation of Kevin Trudeau, With MD After His Name.....

Yes, Dr. (dang, I really don't like calling him a doctor) Oz has been around for a while. Yes, another product of Oprah. On my YouTube Channel (I'll spare you the link) I have several videos about old Dr. Oz.
A few things I remember: his wife is a Reiki Master, she chooses when the kids are vaccinated, and he's had psychics, and all sorts of people on his show hawking bogus treatments and products. Oh, yeah, he even had a Reiki demonstration, and of course, the person being treated (for a headache) was healed, just like that. Not sure why they just didn't move on to a close-by hospital and heal all of the truly ill patients. Actually, the Reiki folks do what's called distance healing. Regular old right-next-to-you Reiki is bad enough, but listen up folks. Yes, these old Reiki folks can heal you from afar. That's right. No, they don't have to meet you or anything. They'll send the Reiki energy stuff right to you. Honest, they will. One of the greatest things around are the websites where you give them your credit card number and they will send out this amazing Reiki energy every month, automatically. Yes, ain't that grand.

Parts of the CNN article.....


"The scientific community is almost monolithic against you in terms of the efficacy of the three products you called 'miracles,' " said McCaskill, a Missouri Democrat. She said she was discouraged by the "false hope" his rhetoric gives viewers and questioned his role "intentional or not, in perpetuating these scams."
"I don't get why you need to say this stuff when you know it's not true. When you have this amazing megaphone, why would you cheapen your show? ... With power comes a great deal of responsibility."
Oz told the panel that he does use "flowery language" to describe certain products on his show but added he believes in them so much he has given them to his family.
"My job, I feel, on the show is to be a cheerleader for the audience, and when they don't think they have hope, when they don't think they can make it happen, I want to look, and I do look everywhere, including in alternative healing traditions, for any evidence that might be supportive to them," Oz said.
Yes, amazingly, Oz brought before Congress. Here's the complete CNN article. 

And, here's what the FTC had to say.

You may notice that Oz used the phrase, alternative healing traditions. Sounds pretty cool, hey? Yep, gosh, we've been using this forever. Healing. Traditional. Folks, people may have been using it forever, but it doesn't work. I'm sure I'm repeating myself; however, it's simple, if something works in the treatment of a disease or illness, it's called MEDICINE! 
It's not called alternative, it's not called complementary, and it's not called integrative.

Yes, I know, this started as a travelogue of sorts. What can I say? Yes, I am still planning on getting out there. Honest. I really am.



No comments:

Post a Comment