The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Monday, May 4, 2015

Did You Watch the Big Fight? Mayweather (the wife beater) and Pacquiao? What Did it Cost You?

Yes, I watched it. And, it didn't cost much. Actually, it cost me nothing. Nothing? Yes,
nothing.

I saw an interview of a fellow who he and his son came from South Africa, yes, to see the fight. He paid $88,000 for two tickets. Was mentioned that there was a ticket offered for $300,000. No, I do not know whether it was sold. I think there were several pay-for-for-view options. One was $100. Also, reported that the hotels had raised their rates 500%.

OK, yes, you're on the edge of your seat.... George, how did you watch it for free? I haven't watched TV in years (maybe a topic for another time). OK, I watched the fight on Stopstream. My pal Eddie found this place many years ago. It seems you can watch just about every sporting event in the world. Yes, even the ones that are pay-for-view.
Well, maybe some of the answers.... 
OK, one or two?

Actually, watching on my computer, I'm sure I had a better view of the fight than you folks who jetted to Vegas, paid five times the regular price for a room, and paid no telling how much for a seat.

And, so it goes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment