The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Yes, I Have a New Car!

Yes, I know, the blue car was just a little over a year old and had less than 4,000 miles. That's 4,000! Obviously, the traveling part of  Blue Highways of Virginia hasn't panned out so far. I hope that by this time next year I will have driven more than 4,000 miles. Time will tell. I'll give this project another chance until it's tossed on the scrap heap of my failed adventures and projects.

Though I may well add more later. Here's the shortened version. I got an OK Internet price from Steve Montgomery. I then asked Steve how much trade-in I would get for the blue car. I described the car and said, No, I don't want to bring it by. 


Yes, mine is orange and I'm sure my life will now be so much better! Photo courtesy Subaru.
Steve turned me over to Chris Brennan. Chris, after receiving the VIN for the blue car immediately made me an offer. It was a heck of an offer. I got to the dealership within an hour or so, Chris drove my car around the lot and said that he would give me what he quoted. Dang! I drove one of their cars a few miles. There was an orange one arriving within a couple days and that's the one I drove away with today.

If you want a Subaru and are reasonably close to RK Subaru in Virginia Beach, take a look at their Website and send Steve a note and tell him what you're interested in. I need to mention that Subaru, as a company, has had huge increases in their sales for several years and RK (or any dealer, for that matter) may well not have exactly what you want in stock. So, keep that in mind. You might have to wait a few days. This sort of sums up my sales experience with RK. Oh, don't want to leave out Jarrett Lawfer. Yes, he's the young man who is the F&I guy who you have to see. He's the person who goes over all the paper work and such. Hey, he might even ask you if want an extended warranty or something. Anyway, he was delightful and surely no hassle and I thoroughly enjoyed spending a few minutes with him.

EDIT: If you buy a car from RK, tell them you want Jarret to process your "paper work."

No comments:

Post a Comment