The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What in the Heck is Going On? This is Virginia, for Cryin' Out Loud! What's Up with the Snow?

Well, here it is Tuesday AM and the temperature's 25 degrees. My last post was Sunday and the temperature got to 70 degrees. What the heck is going on?

Yesterday, I decided I just had to go to Kroger's. Was I out of food? Nope. Just decided there were a few things I wanted. As I walked out of the door about noon it started sleeting.  By the time I'd driven a mile or so the roads were icy and my car had no traction  at all. Yep, a Subaru will plow though anything. And, that may well be true to a certain extent; however, with summer tires with little tread and ice, nope it's not going to do much plowing through anything.




Are any of you folks out there praying to the weather gods? Well, if you are you've been praying to the wrong ones...or, they're all just ticked-off at us. Who knows? Or, the cold and snow could just be some kind of cosmic weather vortex...whatever that means. Oh, well...... Yes, my steed is trapped in my driveway. Not sure when I'll be heading out again.



I have the snap of the berries just to show how the macro function of my camera works. It's pretty slick. Just punch a button and you can get as close as you want to take a picture. The other nice thing about the macro function is the limited depth of field that isolates what you are focused on. It throws everything else out of focus. Will be back when the roads allow.




No comments:

Post a Comment