The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

No, I Didn't Go Looking for These...In Fact, A Little Reluctant to Post!

Another photo of the witch. No, this surely has nothing to do with
the content of this post. Just wanted a photo here.
So, how did this all start? Good question!

I was looking around on CNN and looked at a video by Jeanne Moos, one of my favorite folks on CNN.

Here's the link to that video. Yes, it's an article about guys who goof-up their diesel trucks so that they spew bunches of black smoke: Rollin' Coal!


Now for the real whopper, pun intended or not. Yes, on the same website as the trucks was another article, have you folks heard of stuffers? Well, I hadn't, either. We are becoming known as a country with a high percentage of our citizens who are obese. In fact, there was recently a study that claimed (rightly or wrongly) that smokers lived longer than people who are obese. Yes, there are folks out there, seemingly the majority being women who are trying to gain weight, yes, by stuffing themselves. I was going to post before and after photos of one of these ladies; however, if you would like to take a look here is the link. Also, they claim it has something to do with sex. I'll let you folks ponder that and try to figure it out. Hey, I guess I'm getting a little too old for some of this stuff.

Guys spending money to make their trucks get poor gas mileage and belch smoke and attractive slender young women stuffing themselves to the point that they look pregnant. Ahh, yes, bring back the sixties.......

1 comment:

  1. Always fun to read your blog and often I like to comment; however, I'm speechless. Good grief!

    ReplyDelete