The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Well, My New Camera Will be Here in a Few Days! Now, What?

Yes, it's coming from Amazon. How did all of this start?

A few years ago, I almost bought a GoPro. Yes, those folks seem to have a lock on what's called action cameras. The GoPro and the camera I bought, the SJ4000, people use to photograph their action sports; diving, skiing, skateboarding, racing, and so on.

I guess the catalyst for this purchase is that the bottom-of-the line GoPro, the white model, is now $200. Yesterday, I had that camera, extra batteries, and a couple of other things in my cart. Yes, I was ready to buy the GoPro.

I then found out about the SJ4000 when I watched this comprehensive and detailed review. The SJ4000 is a spec under $100 and comes with a pile of extras; just about every mounting device you can think of. The only extra I bought was a couple of batteries.

Yes, yes, I know, I'm surely not an action sports kinda guy. So, how the heck am I going to use this camera? Good question.

One thing, well the main appeal, is the 170 degree view. Yes, a whopping-wide fish-eye view. Should be entertaining fooling around with the camera if for no other reason that the 170 view.

Yes, it takes still photos as well as videos. Will add some stuff as soon as I’m able to use it.

                                                                                                                                                                  
This is the waterproof case.  Mine will be black. They have quite an assortment of colors, including pink!






1 comment:

  1. Make sure you keep it in the case when playing with water or doing a bucket of laundry! :)

    ReplyDelete