The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Monday, January 1, 2018

Ahh, A Few Comments and Thoughts on Hell!

First off, I don't believe in gods and as such surely don't believe in Hell. That said, I guess this posting is for those of you who do believe in Hell. And, folks, if you believe in Hell not only is it really sad and pathetic, if you will...well, anyway.


Though I surely don't know it to be true and surely am not all that concerned, there are some of you believers out there who continue to trudge to church every Sunday hoping that you'll be spared, yes...going to Hell. That is sad and pathetic (yes, another sad and pathetic).

BTW, if anyone actually reads this, don't nitpick at my ignorance of the bible and Christianity in general. OK? Just read what I have to say.

Now, as I best understand it there are many reasons why God will send us to hell. That said, if folks don't believe in Him (yes, I'm going to use capitals), wow, they are going to get a direct flight...no stopover. Dang, just a straight shot to the eternally burning lake of fire (or, whatever you think it is).

Now, this God of yours is supposed to be all-knowing, compassionate, understanding, loving, and all the rest. Right? And, we humans are made in his perfect image? Right?

OK. So he made me as I am. And, I surely don't believe in any that stuff...you know, Him, virgin births, and all the rest. So, he's going to throw me in the pit? One for God!

It seems that we ongoingly learn of tribes and civilizations, to use that word, that are in the Amazon or wherever that surely couldn't know about this really terrific God. You know, the one all you Christians go ape about. Now, is old God going to toss these folks into the lake of eternal fire? Yes, what a Prince He must be!!!!!

OK, I'm running out of enthusiasm for this post and I'm going to stop.

If you folks, yes, you believers want to keep trudging to church, listening to your pastors, priests and so on spouting absurdities, hey, keep at it.

Thankfully, I don't have to worry about all of it.

I hope we all have a best-ever new year in 2018. And, folks, please...for 2018, for cryin' out loud, stop believing all of that nonsense. Please.... Look for evidence to support your beliefs. Evidence, folks!!!!!! Not fables, myths, and superstitions. Not BS spouted by your so-called spiritual advisors.

Oh, well. Yes, still beating my head against the wall.

EDIT: BTW. Yes, I almost forgot, A few years ago I started what I called crap head awards. OK, folks, you surely know where this is going. Yes, your so-called God surely rates a crap head award.

2 comments: