The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Thank You God for Pat Robertson!!!!

Here's an article by Hemant Mehta. Pat Robertson, who I am
sure has God on his speed dial, says at least for the time being, we're not going to have a nuclear exchange with North Korea.

According to Robertson God has a bunch of other stuff He's working on. I'm sure we all feel so much better. Hmm. I thought old God was a multitasker. You mean He can only work on a few things at a time. Dang, I'm disappointed.

Actually, I feel blessed to live here in Virgina Beach, we not only have Robertson and CBN, we have the Edgar Cayce center where you can find every kind of bogus pseudoscience and all things that aren't real.

Yes, truly blessed.

To add a little levity, here's one of my 55-word stories. Yes, nothing better than politics, God, and religious whackjobs!





President Cruz, Called Staff to War Room!

“You are here on an urgent matter. God told me to bomb Russia.”
Those in attendance looked at each other, wondering if this was a bizarre joke or something.
“Mr. President, I’m confused, we now have a great relationship with Russia,” said General Adams. “They pose no threat. Could you get God on the speakerphone?”

January 3, 2017

When Cruz was on the campaign trail, he famously said, “I put God first, my country second….” Suppose he’d been a Muslim and said that?




1 comment:

  1. I know you can't believe I'm commenting on this one. You really should look for that email I sent a while back... Anyway... good post.

    ReplyDelete