The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Ed McBain Will be Sorely Missed but His Books Will Live on Forever....

BookPub had an Ed McBain book on sale for $.99. When I
went to Amazon, there were several more and I bought them all.

I'm now reading the fourth and plan to buy all of them and read them in order. Actually, reread them. In the eighties, I read all of them. Well, I read all of the 87th Precinct books as well as all of the Matthew Hope books.

Thinking back all of those years I remember them as being good. As I read them now, they are more than good. Frankly, if I tried to evaluate or review them there's no way I could adequately describe the reading experience.

Here's information on McBain and a list of his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment