The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Friday, March 23, 2018

This Post From "A Gathering of Fools"..... One of My Old Blogs......

I was rummaging around on an old blog. Yes, one of many that I have. It only has two entries. Here's one for you folks to read, if you're so inclined. I posted this, September 1, 2007. (Dang, I've been writing about this crap for a long time.)

In the Old Days it was the Snake Oil Salesmen....Today the New Age Folks Have Replaced Them...Instead of Pedaling Their Shams in Bottles, they use Chi, Chakras, Balancing, Centering, Mind-Body, Energy Healing, Crystals, and any and all Bogus Things They can Dream of....They no Longer Wear Top Hats and Smell of Whiskey...Today They Wear Robes, White Jackets, and Spout Every Kind of Meaningless and Mindless Drivel They can Conjure up.....

You Know What? It Is Pretty Pathetic that There are Sites Like This One!!!!!


Anyway, I will admit that I'm pretty pissed as I write this. To vent some of my anger I'll use energy healing. Think about that for a minute...energy healing. Yep, Reiko, Jin Shin Do, BodyTalk, and on and on..... Yes, all of these whack jobs say they can heal you by laying on of hands. Yep, it's that simple.

And, hey, this is the good one. Many say they can heal you without even seeing you. Now, that's something. Yes, from their living room they can send whatever it is, to you and make you well. And, folks...people believe this bullshit.....

Now, think about this for a minute. There are hundreds of these books out there. That there are. Hey, read this book and start healing folks. Does that make any sense???? Now if all we had to do is read a book and then start healing folks...well, wouldn't we have a world where everyone was healthy? Hey, shut down those hospitals...close those doctors' offices....

Think about that. Read a book and heal someone. Get a grip folks!!! What in the hell is wrong with you?

Now, let's just say for a moment you could do this...no, that's not going to work. Hey, you'd be one of those whack jobs walking around with a blank stare. OK. Let's say I could do this.

Yes, I could heal folks with this energy business. What would be the first thing I'd do? Hmmmm. Good question. First off I'd be shooting the rays off 24 hours a day healing people. Yep, I wouldn't close down..the rays would be shooting out 24/7.


Next. Yep, I'd be banging on the doors of the AMA. That I would. Hey, folks.....I can heal people. Now, the first thing I'd do after showing them that I could heal people is to go to all of the insurance companies and have them put me on their provider list. Surely, they'd do that. Hey, why should they pay real doctors when I can heal people for just a few bucks. See where I'm going here, folks.

Now. What next? This is the good one. 

I'd be banging on James Randi's door and take the million bucks from him. Yes, The James Randi Foundation (JREF) has a million bucks waiting for anyone who can show that this energy business works. Ask yourself, out of the thousands upon thousands of so-called energy healers out there, why hasn't one of them taken Mr. Randi's $1,000,000?

Oh, well. I feel a little better now........ Wake up out there folks, have one of your spirit guides clue you in!!!! 

Yes, we put folks on the moon but....look around you........a sad state of affairs.


No comments:

Post a Comment