The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Monday, March 12, 2018

Kung Fu BS and Other Similar Stuff.... Yes, for it to Work You Have to be Part of the Scam. And, Good Old CHI.

Is there a purpose to this posting? Well, actually, yes, there is.

Not that it's but so important, if important all...but as a kid, about 14/15 did box for a year or so. And, as an older kid, 20, was on the base (Thule, Greenland) judo team and competed in one tournament. Does this make me some kinda expert? Of course not. What it does make me is someone who knows there's no magic out there when it comes to what we call marital arts. Period.

I did learn that it hurts when you get punched. I did learn that you can get knocked out! I did learn, that all things being equal, those who practice the most are usually the ones who win.

No, of course I'm not knocking those who pursue marital arts. I'm sure that they can be interesting and of course it's great exercise. That said, I don't think there are many 115 pound karate guys who are going to kick the butts of folks who weigh 200 pounds (of course, this could be a discussion for another day).

Anyway, a theme running through all of these bogus techniques is CHI (pronounced chee). Yep, this is the good old life energy or whatever you want to call it that's used in energy healing...you know, Reiki, Jin Shin Do, BodyTalk, and quantum this that and the other.

Yes, it's all BS. Period. And, the energy healing stuff has been proven many times to not work.

The quality of the videos isn't all that good but I think they are worth watching. Note: One of the videos has a lot of Fs and MFs.











No comments:

Post a Comment