The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

OK, I Think Today is Ash Wednesday...Yep, the Afflicted Get an X (OK, it's a Cross) on Their Head!!!

OK, I surely know little about Lent. That said, I think it has something to do to

acknowledge His resurrection or some such thing. And, 40 days in the desert. Well, anyway. I think you folks who get the ash X (cross) look like dorks! Period.

Why do you do it? Maybe want to make sure if God is monitoring you He'll know you've signed on to the program?

Back to the Easter deal. God caused or allowed his Son to be crucified so that our sins can be mitigated? Wow, these are the sins that came about because God put a talking snake in the Garden so that Adam and Eve would eat an apple. Dang, does that make any sense to you?

OK, yes, this is most likely pretty lame but don't nitpick.

Anyway, if you have an X (cross) on your forehead, take a look in the mirror. Don't you look like a dork? Oh, well.....



EDIT: My friend Michelle just sent me an email saying Ash Wednesday WAS February 14th. Dang, apologies to all. Maybe that's why religion didn't work for me, I couldn't figure out all of the dates. Oh, well.





No comments:

Post a Comment