The Beginning....

The Beginning....
When William Least Heat-Moon toured the country many years ago, his steed, if you will, was a van that he named Ghost Dancing. His journey of America was 13,000 miles. His book is Blue Highways, A Journey Into America. My steed will be a Subaru WRX (traded for an XV Crosstrek). My travels will be, what in the past were called, the blue highways of Virginia. Years ago, maps showed secondary roads in blue. Yes, the ones less traveled.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

If I Ever Get Around to My Resolutions for 2018, There Will Be No Restrictions or Prohibitions on Cursing!

OK, yes, this is most likely pretty darn silly. That said, in a couple of recent postings (maybe still in draft form) I used Bullshit and Fuck! And, frankly, I think it was appropriate.

For 2016 and 2017 resolutions I stated I wouldn't say anything I wouldn't say around my mom. My mom never even said damn. She always said cursing was because of a bankrupt vocabulary. And, I'll agree with her.

Though I'm an atheist and knew my mom wasn't in any kind of heaven place looking down and seeing what I'm up to; just to be sure I called my best bud, Jesus, to get his advice about this.

So folks, yes, you'll see some cursing in the future. I hope I don't make it gratuitous. But, you may be the judge of that, if you'd like.

Yes, I need a period after scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment